Monday, February 10, 2014

Mercedes-Benz New York Fahion Week Fall 2014/15: Donna Karan Collection

This was Donna Karan's the Thirtieth Anniversary of her company! And The Ground Crew has worked with ehr form the very begining. I went to Parsons School of Design because I read that Donna Karan had went there, she dropped out when she got  a job with Anne Klein, but still... I did my internship with Donna Karan. I wnated to stay on, but at that time(1997) her company was having money problems, so no go.

Anyway, this fashion show was way downtown on Wall Street on a bitterly cold night. I thought this collection was what I've come to recognize as Donna Karan...mostly black, great coats and jackets, the cut-outs in the tops, the draped skirts, the draped burn-out velvet dresses...




My model, Elodia in her first look.




I's so buy this coat! My first rally good winter coat was a camel colored Donna Karan wool and cashmere  I bought while I was working at Bergdorf Goodman and going to school. I still have it almost twenty years later! It needs a new lining though. I plan to add a new funky lining eveutally.

I like this a lot. I'd add really great jewelry.

 So my style!








Classic Donna Karan look!


Love this coat!



My girl, Elodia again. This picture was in th AM news paper! Mo' money for me! Woot woot!










Karlie Klass





Karen Elson

Hilary Rhoda

Karolina Kurkova

Donna Karan


These are few pictures of DK after the show while she was giving interviews.




I like the necklace! 

No comments: