Monday, February 10, 2014

Illustrators: Antonio Lopez

*Antonio Lopez (February 11, 1943 – March 17, 1987) was a fashion illustrator whose work appeared in such publications as VogueHarper's BazaarElleInterview and The New York Times. Several books collecting his illustrations have been published. In his obituary, the New York Times called him a "major fashion illustrator."[1] He generally signed his works as "Antonio."  He died of Kaposi's Sarcoma as a complication of AIDS at UCLA Medical Center; he was living in New York but was in Los Angeles for an exhibition of his art

I remember seeing Antonio's illustrations in Vogue magazine back in the 80's. I use to rip them out and and save them for reference to help improve my drawing and illustrating skills.  His birthday was only two days after mine! He left a great body of work and influenced many other illustrators. He definately was an inspiration and influence to me. Below are some of my favorites illustrations from Antonio. The first few seven were the ones I use tear from the pages of Vogue as reference.


































*This paragraph is from wikipedia.

No comments: