Sunday, September 29, 2013

The Medieval Festival at Fort Tryon Park

I have lived up in the "Heights" for over five years, I go to Fort Tryon Park quite often as I have posted many things from the park, but today was the first time I went to The Medieval Festival. It says Medieval Festival (there was a bit of Renaissance in there, even though they are two different era's). I had no idea what I was missing all this time!
It was a wonderful day for this festival, warm, but not too hot...well, not too hot when you were out of the direct sun. There was music, food, drink and lots and lots of people, many in costumes. I sometimes have no patience for crowds, but I made myself relax and go with the flow. I had a really lovely day because of it!

The Festival has been held for 29 years due to the generous donation of a dollar from the visitors.
 


 This was the first time I had ever seen or heard a harpist live!
 
 
These ladies had the best costumes! These were my favorites of the ladies out today.
 

 This guy was my favorite male in costume. He made the outfit himself!
 
 I just thought this girl was really pretty in her costume.
 

 This fellow was kind enough to strike a pose for me when I asked to take his picture.
 




 This guy was wokin' that hula hoop! I snapped this picture just as he stopped.
 
 I thought this guy looked like Beowolf with his wolf  like dogs! I can't tell a Malamute from a Husky, so what breed of dog these are ...I don't know. *shrug* The grey dog hidden on the other side of the guy did have those wonderful ice blue eyes.
 





 The picture I took of this guy from the front tured out blurry. :( I was so disappointed . He had my second favorite costume of the men.
 

 

 A bit of sword fighting! The jousting takes place at a bigger festival in another part of New York. I so forgot where it takes place. I will find out because I want to see real (fake!) jousting!

Some non fire breathing dragons! LOL!

This is outside of the Cloisters. Today was the first time I had walked there. I didn't go in, but I will probably go next week when it's not so crowded.

No comments: