Friday, February 12, 2010

Fashion week day one.

It's not really day one, the start of fashion week was yesterday, but I did my first show today so it's my first day. Fall 2010/11. I worked at the Rag & Bone show. They had two different shows, one for the men and one for the women. It was down town which is aggravating because downtown is like a maze to me. I don't go down there much anymore, at least not since I use to go to school down around 4th street. That shool, (Woode)Tobe-Coburn has since moved upown to 40th street . Ah, those were the days...
Anyway, the men's show was first, in the morning. I like working with male models, they are so much easier to deal with than the women for the most part. The guys do what I tell them to do and don't hastle me about it, but this was an easy show. All the models had only one look. A look is simply the outfit they will wear, that is styled or put together in a particular way. Easy show. My models name was Lyle. Nice kid. Skinny as all get out as moat of the dudes are, but I prefer the buffer guys, but they are not the "look" at the moment. I'm hoping and praying for that "look" comes back around.
The Womens show was later in the afternoon. Like the guys, the women had only one look each. My models were Deborah and Kori. I could fall on my knees with gratitude for getting two female models who were sweet and didn't give me a hard time or an attitude during the process. It can get really hectic backstage and you really don't need a difficcult model on top of it. One of my co-workers once told me that he had a model who didn't wan to be touched! Wha?!?!?! Let me tell you, it's not easy to help a model get dressed in 30 seconds without touching them. My co-worker tolde me she dressed herself. He justed handed her the clothes. *shaking my head*
The clothes for Rag & Bone were very nice, the styling was on point. I'll post pictures later.

And  a sidel note, my thoughts and prayers to the friends and family of designer Alexander McQeen who died yesterday. He was a wonderfully talented and creative designer who will be missed in the fashion industry.

Pictures from Rag and Bone. I really liked the styling in this show.

This is that cute yougin' Francisco Lachowski. How funny he was in the first show I did during fashin week and I didn't even know it!


This is the model I worked with during the show, Lyle.






This is the model I worked with at the women's show, Kori.



No comments: