Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Love, peace and soul..

Don Cornelius 1936-2012

I've been feeling sick for a few days now, but I was able to lift my head to watch The View this morning and imagine my stunned surprise when Whoopi Goldberg announced that he had died from an apparent self inflicted gunshot wound.

Soul Train was an integral part of my youth. It was to go to place for learning the latest dance moves. Who didn't do a Soul Train line? It is the longest  the longest, continuously running first-run syndicated program in television history. Mr. Cornelius hosted from 1971 until 1993. Production of first-run episodes was suspended at the conclusion of the 2005-06 season.

I'm going to go see if TVOne or Centric is going to have a Soul Train marathon in tribute. I hope so. A stroll down memory lane may help me feel better.

And to Don Cornelius....Love, peace and soul...

No comments: