Friday, April 16, 2010

Scottish Parade?

First off, who knew that ther was a Scottish(Tartan) Parade each year here in New York? I didn't, that is until a friend of mine emailed me about it. It took place this past Saturday (4/10). I missed the parade. By the time I got downtown it was over and from my friend told me it was only a few blocks long, nothing like the St Patricks Day Parade. It was fun looking at all the men walking around in kilts though! Made me want to go quick fast to Scotland! I had two scottish beers at a pub to which I completely forgot the name of now, but it's on 45th street off 6th avenue( I think!). It's where all the pictures below were taken. The scottish beer was very good, it was like Guiness light.

We met a fellow who was actually from Scotland and started chattig with him until this chick suddenly appears! He must have been standing next to us at the baar a good ten minutes before we started chatting him up and then no sooner we make introductions all around this mean looking chick comes sliding up next to him. His name was Robert. My friends and I just turned away and laughed it off.

We went to another bar on 33rd street  where we started running into some of the other patrons from the previous bar. I swear I will ask my friend the name of the bars  because I just can not remember either of the names right now! I had scottish beer number three here. I was hunger and something told me I should have eaten something before I started drinking because by the time we went up to Piper's Kilt( this bar I know on 207 and B'way) I was gone. I was feeling so sick I couldn't eat my burger and this joint has some of the best burgers around. I made it home in time enough to be sick for the rest of the night and all day Sunday and most of Monday. I started ovulating on Monday  and that didn't help me how I was feeling, TMI, but it's part of why I was sicker longer than I normally would have been. So moral of this story, load up on the carbs and fat if you plan to drink heavily and have a glass of water for every two drinks you have or something like that.


No comments: