Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Met Gala: Charles James Beyond Fashion

I have resisted doing a fashion recaps of events likes this and the Oscars because so many fashion spots cover it  I doubt that I could add anything to the conversation. Upon some thinking, I  realized that as a fashionista, talking about fashion is what I do and I don't have to go all in depth, but I can add my opinion as a student of fashion. I also need to keep on top of all things fashion as well. I have gotten a bit lazy and some life happenings have interfered, but I can do better in my fashion postings, especially since I have for some reason gotten a renewed passion for fashion.

 I will be going to the Met in the coming weeks to get a really good look at this exhibit. I'm pretty sure there will be a rush after the gala last night, so I will wait until the excitement dies down and the crowds have thinned. I made the mistake of waiting for the last weekend to see Alexander McQueen's Savage Beauty and had to wait in line for hours and only get to spend but a few minutes viewing the exhibit. I learned my lesson!


This is an image of some models in Charles James gowns. I do love a great ballgown every now and then. My favorite gown for this event is noted below! 

If you are in New York, Charles James: Beyond Fashion will be at the Metropolitan Museum of Art from May 8 - August 10 2014.

Sarah Jessica Parker in Oscar de la Renta. She always brings it at this event!
Charlize Theron in Dior Couture. This woman can do no wrong!
 Hailee Steinfeld in a Prabal Gurung 
 Karolina Kurkova in a Marchesa. Love the color, the floral design, the angle of intrest in the bodice, the fullness of the two layers. My favorite! LOVE IT! *sigh* 
Liu Wen in Zac Posen
Janelle Monáe in Tadashi Shoji. I like how she remains true to her style.
Stella Tennant in Burberry
 Karen Elson in a Zac Posen 
Arizona Muse in Ralph & Russo Couture. I love red on the red carpet. 
Karlie Kloss in Oscar de la Renta. I just love the pera gloves. They look leather, if they are what a cool way to give edge to such a formal gown!
Donatella Versace. I'm going to guess she is wearing...Versace!
 Gisele Bündchen in a Balenciaga
Amy Adams in Oscar de la Renta
Taylor Swift in Oscar de la Renta
 Kim Kardashian in a Lanvin. Vast improvement from last year! The gown last year was...*shudder*...I didn't care she was pregnant, there were better gowns for pregnant women as Catherine Zeta Jones and Nathalie Portman have shown as they were pregnant win they won thier Oscars and they looked lovely!
Kate Bosworth in Stella McCartney. That is Rhihanna in the background. 
Reese Witherspoon in Stella McCartney.
Kendall Jenner in Topshop. I think she is the prettiest of the sisters and that is all I will say ;)
Marion Cotillard in Christian Dior Couture. I can explain really why I like this, I just do! Shoes...eh, not so much.
Sarah Silverman in Zac Posen 
Monica Bellucci. I don't which designer gown she is wearing, but I love that it is red on the red carpet! Love the cape as well. Only thing that would make this picture better is if the guy wasn't in it! Whats up with those aweful gloves on his hands?!?!
Ivanka Trump in Oscar de la Renta. Granted this looks like upholstery fabric, but I give it a thumbs up because, I like her!


I got all the picture from Vogue.com.You can see the arrivals and some the hot mess dresses here http://www.vogue.com/vogue-daily/article/met-gala-2014-fashion-live-from-the-red-carpet/#1

No comments: