Thursday, May 17, 2012

Donna Summer's unexpected death!


I had just walked in my apartment from work, turned on the television and saw on Entertainment Tonight that Donna Summer had died today of lung  cancer that she was diagnosed with ten months ago! I am truly shocked and saddened by this a little more so than Whitney Houston's tragic death only because Donna Summer said 'hi" to me in Bergdorf Goodman back in 1997/8.  I was visiting a friend who worked there at the time.She let me know Donna Summer was behind me. When I turned to look at her with a big goofy grin on my face, Donna Summer smiled and said "hi". That's the kind of celebrity encounter I like. Some have been rather stank,but that is a story for  another blog post.

Anyway, this weekend will be filled with the music of Donna Summer. I love the 70's anyway, so it will be fun for me, though sad, to listen to all of  Donna Summer's greatest hits.

God bless her soul and condolences to her family.

LaDonna Adrian Gaines (December 31, 1948 – May 17, 2012)


*picture from yahoo image search. 

2 comments:

stone fox interrupted said...

love your blog so much! your so talented! i followed <3 do you think you could maybe follow me back? would love my blog to be as good as yours xx

Shirl in the City said...

Hi Sister couture! Thank you for the compliment. It would be my pleasure to follow a fellow fashionista!