Monday, October 18, 2010

Some design sketches




These are some designs I had to do for my Life Drawing class mid term and All-Japan assignment. I was so not paying attention when my teacher said this was for grade. I did this on they fly and the design in the middle was inspired by a close up of a fly! The design had to be inspired from insects. I chose a dragon fly inspiration for the first design on the left and a butterfly for the last one on the right. I so didn't need the extra work, but I am not willing to sacrafice my grade. I'm pulling a "B" so far and I want to improve to an "A". I love to draw, when I have the time to really sit and illustrate. Doing  30 -40sketches a week for a class tends to become tedious. That is how many sketches I have to do for my Fashion Core class. In fact I have to do 6 illustrations for Friday! Plus flats and a mood board!!! I'm going to need a drink on Friday night.
Below are the first 6 sketches I did for my Fashion Core class. I'm pulling a "C" in this class because I missed two classes. I think my illustration skills and my quick grasp of the assignments save me!








2 comments:

Janna said...

I adore dress number 2! You have a really nice hand. I can't draw for squat. If you have any red dresses to promote. Let me know.

~Janna

Shirl in the City said...

Thank you Janna! No red dresses at the moment. I'm working on my final project, so maybe after that I could create some LRD's (little red dresses).

Shirl